~Living life my way, one day at a time~

~I wear my truth like a suit of armour; I will not expose myself in the fig leaves of denial ~

~ ♥ if you only knew what's in my soul.....you'd never feel such doubt ♥ ~

~**~Welcome to My World~**~

Sunday, January 23, 2011

~Waiting For Nimkee~


~In my quest to fulfill my healing journey, I can't help but be drawn towards memories of life-altering events which had to be put-on-hold as I addressed the far more pressing matters which forced their way into my path and required my unbidden attentions.

During my 5th month of pregnancy with Bennett-Chadlen I received the heartbreaking prenatal diagnosis of Trisomy 13. As I struggled with the implications of what this could mean, I did my best to prepare for an unknown future with my darling, unborn son.

These photos depict our prenatal journey from beginning to end. I share with you such a rare glimpse into the world of the unknown that I, and too many others, have chosen to experience.

How do you prepare to say Goodbye before you've even had a chance to say Hello?

**photos courtesy of Heather Morgan of Lifespark Photography.

2 comments:

  1. makes me cry every time i see those pics. I LOVE YOU MEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~thanks Julz....I remember these days vividly. The photoshoot took place a couple of weeks before his birth. I was very emotional, but love how these photos turned out.

    I feel so blessed to have had the honour of being this little boy's mother.

    Gzaagin Nimkee xxoo

    Love you Julz xxoo

    ReplyDelete