~Living life my way, one day at a time~

~I wear my truth like a suit of armour; I will not expose myself in the fig leaves of denial ~

~ ♥ if you only knew what's in my soul.....you'd never feel such doubt ♥ ~

~**~Welcome to My World~**~

Monday, January 24, 2011

~Bennett-Chadlen ~ NICU Days~

These pics were taken during Bennett-Chadlen's stay in the NICU at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Much love and Nimkee blessings to those who understood and accepted our unconditional love and pure desire to have Bennett-Chadlen in our lives for as long as possible.

The days and nights were long, but I just couldn't get enough of him.  I stood for hours and hours just gazing upon his beautiful face.  He had gorgeous dark, wavy hair and the silkiest baby skin imaginable.  I loved to feel the warmth of his hand in mine as he gripped onto my finger.  I will never forget the times he opened his eyes and looked at me, and stirred his arms and feet ever so slightly.  I still remember his sweet new baby fragrance, and the way he felt in my arms.

I didn't get a lot of the "firsts" that all eager parents await when their babies are born.

I didn't ever get to hear him cry.  He was 4 days old the very first time I got to kiss him, all captured by the photographer's lens.

The first time I held him was the day I rocked him to his forever sleep.


Our lives have been forever touched by this beautiful, courageous soul.

Gzaagin Nimkee, Baamaapii Gawaabmin, Until We Meet Again xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment