~Living life my way, one day at a time~

~I wear my truth like a suit of armour; I will not expose myself in the fig leaves of denial ~

~ ♥ if you only knew what's in my soul.....you'd never feel such doubt ♥ ~

~**~Welcome to My World~**~

Saturday, November 13, 2010

~SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE~

Photobucket
I'm happy today, very content with how things are slowly unfolding in my life.  I am learning that when you see something you really, really want in life---running out and grabbing it isn't necessarily the best way to go about it.

Take credit cards for example:  Sometimes we really NEED to use them, most often we  just 'charge' it because it's a quick and simple way to acquire what we feel we need, when  we need it!  
But seriously?  Do we really NEED all the stuff we have??

Saving your pennies for a rainy day may take so much longer.....but when the day comes to purchase what our heart desires just think of how much better it feels to be able to get out the savings you've patiently acquired.......and voila!  

We can cherish it so much more when we've had to work harder to get it!

Love lessons in life are like this.

We all wish life could be easier......but what have we learned from life when everything came easily??  

Quite often those things which we have in abundance, a never-ending supply of 'something'.......do we really cherish it the way we should??  Or do we tend to take it for granted??  

Generally it's the latter.

I am currently in a place where I can look back over the last year and see all of the mistakes I have made, by rushing.......and pursuing.....

I can honestly say that it's been driven by pure fear.  Fear of being alone during the dark and sad times.  

Fear of accidentally falling off the edge of the cliff that I was so precariously hanging off of.  

"Please, please, please........don't let me fall!"

And he didn't.  When I needed to be saved......I was.

I'm learning to trust that I haven't been thrown a rotten rope that will break at any given moment in time.

I bought a tiny statue this summer, to place in the Memory Garden of Love that I have created in my backyard in honour of those loved ones we lost.  I named my first little angel, Noah-Alexander, and wanted something special just for him.  The statue is of the 'tortoise and the hare'......complete with racing lights-----Ready----Set----Go!

The sun charges up the battery during the day, when the sun goes down........the race begins!  Those little lights begin to count down to the start.........

We all know the moral of that story:

'Slow and Steady wins the Race!'

No comments:

Post a Comment