~Living life my way, one day at a time~

~I wear my truth like a suit of armour; I will not expose myself in the fig leaves of denial ~

~ ♥ if you only knew what's in my soul.....you'd never feel such doubt ♥ ~

~**~Welcome to My World~**~

Friday, November 5, 2010

~The Last Battle~

~Last week our family bid adieu to a beloved, four-footed friend.  I affectionately referred to him as my "brother", Monjiidek.

Monjiidek came into our family in the spring of 2001 following my father's heart surgery.  I give him full credit for assisting my father in his recovery, pushing him to keep going even on those darkest days when he would rather just relax.  Monjiidek loved to play catch with a frisbee, and could play fetch for hours and hours if he found a willing participant to throw for him.  He loved children for they were the most likely to be able to keep up with him and not tire or get bored after a few rounds of throwing.

I can't begin to imagine how lost my father is without his most loyal companion by his side, but I know he's not alone in remembering our furry friend as Monjiidek never failed to capture the hearts of all that knew him.

Dad brought him home last Thursday, and we gathered together to lay Monjiidek to rest in his favourite place, in the woods by the water at our camp.  I can imagine him running free, healthy and healed......frolicking about chasing rabbits and squirrels til his heart's content until the day he meets with our father once again.

I made a tribute page for Monjiidek at this link:  http://pet-lovers-paradise.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave a few words if you like.  I will be sure and share your sentiments with my Dad.

I know that many of you are also pet lovers, and can certainly understand and sympathize with the heartache that is often left behind when our trusted friends depart for the Spirit World.


Monjiidek~April 6th, 2001 to  October 27th, 2010
  The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then will you do what must be done
For this ~ the last battle ~ can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
But don't let grief but stay your hand,

For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so,

When the time comes
Please let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only stay with me til the end,

And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
It is a kindness you do to me,

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do,

We've been so close ~ we two ~ these  years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

~Author unknown

~Monjiidek, you were a true gift from our Creator, sent down to assist in our Father's recovery.  You will always be remembered for your loyal service, and unconditional love.  Our hearts feel comfort knowing that you are resting in the place that you enjoyed the most while on this Earth, and we know that you are happy and healed, and waiting patiently---filling your time with endless rounds of catching frisbees and games of fetch---until we meet again.  Baamaapii Gawaabmin, Gzaagin Bazgim xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment